SLAAM
Slog Across America

Comments

Showing: 101-125 of 199
Roland Feige said:   May 10, 2012 8:18 am PST
Hope Kansas is as flat as they say it is, you Guys sure deserve it. Best wishes all around and tailwinds, Roland

Jay and Barbara said:   May 9, 2012 3:10 pm PST
HAPPY BIRTHDAY to Deborah in Australia. She's 39! And thanks, everyone, for your happy anniversary wishes. That will be one to remember, for sure!

Brad B said:   May 8, 2012 2:20 pm PST
Finally got a chance to catch up on your travels. Wow, you're already in CO. Looks like you've got some big hills ahead then its all downhill to DC. Have a happy 18th. I'm sure you have a romantic dinner planned.

Lisa Radnovic said:   May 7, 2012 8:46 pm PST
Happy Anniversary!

Bridget and Linda said:   May 7, 2012 6:30 pm PST
Only 22 days???!!! Reading along it seems like forever-a good forever-like a TV show - like FRIENDS! We don't want it to end so keep ridin' up them hills. Happy Anniversary!!!! You guys are such a great pair. A pair of WHAT!? hmmm not quite sure, but it's good and a bit crazy- which is the good part :) xxoo

Merle said:   May 7, 2012 3:16 pm PST
Congrats on another state. The downhill would be a good time to let Willie Nelson's "On the Road Again" bounce around in your noggins.

Nick said:   May 7, 2012 1:32 pm PST
Hey...I have friends who just retired to Rio Rancho. Evidently the ABQ area is just great for people who retire. Even I have looked at it, considering I'm only six or seven years away (can't come TOO SOON!!!) Jose, myself and a couple friends climbed Mt. Laguna Saturday and I thought of you guys esp going through Pine Valley, thinking...how would I like to do this with 100 pounds of camping gear??? You guys rock!!!

Deborah said:   May 6, 2012 8:54 pm PST
Happy Wedding Anniversary :D XX

Linda T said:   May 6, 2012 7:27 pm PST
What a w0nderful adventure you are having. You are now in my home state of Colorado. I know you will enjoy it. You guys rock!

Twila said:   May 6, 2012 5:49 pm PST
You guys are my heroes! I love reading about the towns you see and the people you meet- good, bad or in between!

Cynthia said:   May 6, 2012 2:40 pm PST
You guys truly are MOST awesome!!! What an Adventure. Another song,from a very old TV show, comes to mind..."rollin', rollin' rollin'...Rawhide!" (Sure hope that does not apply to your posteriors!!!) Ride safe!!

Connie Snow-Graves said:   May 6, 2012 10:34 am PST
Oh, you guys are awesome!!! Hubby and I have been all over that area on motorcycles, Chimayo, Truchas, Taos...beautiful, but yes, steep grades. Just an FYI...if you go north and happen to take the Enchanted Circle towards Angelfire, it is incredibly steep....beautiful, but steep! Keep slogging....love reading your journal every night.

Tony Nohmy said:   May 6, 2012 9:16 am PST
Props too both of you guys. Hope the worst is behind you.What great adventure, thanks for sharing that with all of us. Still have to chalk one up for the men's team though. Be safe

Lisa Radnovic said:   May 6, 2012 8:19 am PST
I am in awe of you guys! You rock! You are almost to some flat states so hang in there.

Merle said:   May 5, 2012 8:19 pm PST
16%... it's a good thing you had panniers or your front wheels would have come off the ground. Congrats. Enjoy Taos.

Bobbie Kunath said:   May 5, 2012 9:05 am PST
The JCBCers are meeting next week and we'll have a cupcake in your honor, Barbara and Jay! Be safe - and have a fabulous time. I will be in D.C. only 'till the 3rd of June - sob! Would love to welcome you there. Bobbie

Pat Stark (in Santa Fe) said said:   May 4, 2012 4:34 pm PST
Hi, Barbara and Jay, We are Mike and Alexa's friends in Santa Fe. We'd love to see you -- and have you visit. Come stay with us! We'd love to see you and hear tales of your great trip. (Dennis biked across the US but a northern route a few years back.) Best! Pat and Dennis

Valerie Stevevenson said:   May 3, 2012 9:46 pm PST
So Barbara, what are you reading on this trip? I know you can't put your feet up on the handlebars and read like you could if Jay were, say, driving a car and the handlebars were a dashboard, but still...you must be reading something here and there. Besides signs. And if you're not, I have a recommendation. In case you haven't read Peace Like a River, it's a super sweet book (a journey story only in a car with a trailer and in winter in North Dakota--otherwise it's just like what you're doing).

Merle said:   May 3, 2012 8:16 pm PST
I just love following your trip. Loved Elizabeth's comment. Glad you took the train to Santa Fe. All fine here but the neighborhood is dead. Steve's now a cowboy and stays in Ramona. Alexa's still at her mother's. Bob and Mike, now single, are never around. Justin took off with your truck. Kristi and Nate are too young and pretty to hang with us... not that you're not young and pretty, but it's just dead around here. We miss you.

Roland said:   May 3, 2012 9:31 am PST
Hi Guys The Rusty Spoke Cycling Team is cheering you on. Good going, keep it up. Read your page every day. Love your writing Barbara, let Jay stick to riding though. Tailwinds, Roland and the Gang

Linda Hotchkiss said:   May 2, 2012 7:40 pm PST
In Santa Fe......Don't miss "The Shed" for the best margaritas in town and damn good Mexican grub....fun place. You could also enjoy "La Boca" on Marcy Street. Totally awesome plates...we ate there 2 days in a row! Buon Provecho, Linda and Bridget

Linda Hotchkiss said:   May 2, 2012 7:26 pm PST
Oh my gosh....we're having so much fun reading every days adventure......sometimes we read outloud to each other laughing and wincing etc. How's the pedicure holding up?? When you get back I'm going to give you the best pedi you ever, ever, ever had! My treat............that is if those feet can stand to be touched after so much pedaling. xoxo, L inda

Deborah said:   May 2, 2012 7:00 pm PST
Barbara & Wasseau, am trying to catch up with you :D I been horizontal for awhile now slowly becoming vertical, thanks so much for my card/envelope. You guys are amazing.... Love Deborah XX

Elisabeth said:   May 2, 2012 12:06 pm PST
So I was in Trader Joe's and some guy says to me, "Hey, aren't you supposed to be on that bike ride to DC?" I'm all, "Yeah, but it got too hard, so I quit. My husband is still out there though."

Bill I said:   May 1, 2012 7:04 pm PST
The movie's name is Contact. Left that out....

Sign My Guest Book